There are 15 Continuing Education Credits available for Social Workers
There are 14.75 Contact Hours available for Nurses
- To provide the most effective palliative and end-of-life care possible.
- To encourage leading researchers, physicians, spiritual care providers and patient advocates to learn from each other and grow as healers.
- To share contemplative best practices and experiential teachings, while collectively beginning work toward common standards of practice.
- Describe, integrate and demonstrate how contemplative care approaches can be used to improve communication between palliative/hospice care providers and their patients and families.
- Describe, integrate and demonstrate how contemplative care approaches can be used to improve the assessment and management of spiritual-existential concerns in patients with advanced, life threatening, or terminal illnesses.
- Identify team stressors, signs of clinical burnout, and their management using a contemplative care approach.
Dr. Diane Meier, Dr. Tony Back, Rev. Koshin Paley Ellison, Judy Lief, Rev. Robert Chodo Campbell, Dr. Radhule Weininger, Dr. Michael Kearney, Dr. BJ Miller, Dr. Cara Geary, Dr. Craig Blinderman, BJ Miller, M.D., Rev. Seigan Glassing, Jane DeLima Thomas, MD, Heidi Blake, MD, John Sheeran, MA, LMT, Dr. Martin Ehrlich, Kirsten Deleo, MA, Ann Alegre, MD FACP FAAHPM, Morgan Stebbins, Mdiv, LMSW, Sandra Salzillo MA, CAGS, LMHC, Roshi Enkyo O’Hara, Stephen Liben, MD, Terry Drew, NP, BSN-RN, MFA; Walter Drew, Ed. D, Marcia L Nell, Ph.D, Kay Sandor, Ph.D., RN, LPC, Larry Skendzel, MD; Thomas Beason Mdiv; Amelia P Haworth MSW, LCSW, BSN, RN; Debra Rodgers, RN-BC, CHPN, OCN; Raleigh Bowden, MD
Speakers have declared that she/he has nothing to disclose.
There is no commercial support for this activity.
INDIVIDUAL ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
This activity has been submitted for approval to award contact hours. New Jersey State Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission On Accreditation.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by NJSNA, NY Zen Center, or ANCC of any commercial products or services.