NYZCCC’s compassionate direct care, contemplative education and meditation training, all depend on your generosity. Tuition and programing fees cover less than 50% of our annual costs, therefore, we rely your donations to sustain our work and expand its reach.
Your support strengthens the three pillars of care giving, education and meditation that define our work and transform the lives of thousands of people each year.
- Provides bedside care for those in hospice, and hospitals
- Offers community-based care for individuals and their loved ones in the home
- Extends group and one-on-one grief and bereavement counseling
- Offers guidance and support for professional and non-professional care givers
- Offers the only Zen based clinical pastoral training program, fully accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE)
- Trains healthcare professionals such as doctors, nurses, social workers and allied health providers, as well as volunteers, in contemplative care giving
- Offers advanced Zen-based education through a Masters Degrees in Pastoral Care and Counseling, in partnership with the New York Theological Seminary, as well as a Masters in Divinity equivalency
- In partnership with the Garrison Institute, presents a bi-annual symposium on palliative and end of life care
- Provides scholarships for deserving students
- Training in the Soto Zen tradition
- Daily meditation practice
- Monthly half-day sits
- Three annual retreats; two silent and one focused on contemplative care